Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 15.5 grams
- Fat: 19.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 61.5 grams
- Calories: 484
Potato and Leek Pizza
Sounds unusual? It is but your family and guests will be amazed at how terrific it tastes. It freezes well after cooking so double the recipe.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Leeks (white and pale green part only)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried rosemary
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 4 medium Ontario Potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced (about 3 cups/750 mL)
- 1 lb (500 g) prepared pizza dough or unbaked pizza shell
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each shredded Ontario Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese
In large pan, heat oil over medium-low heat; cook garlic, mushrooms, leeks, rosemary, salt and pepper, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms have released their liquid and leeks are tender. Toss potatoes in leek mixture to coat.
Press dough onto 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Top with potato slices with mushrooms and leeks in overlapping concentric circles. Sprinkle with Cheddar and Mozzarella. Bake in 450° F (230° C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is crisp and potatoes are tender.