Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 21.0 grams
- Fat: 6.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35.0 grams
- Calories: 278
Southwest Layered Chicken Salad
Serve this salad at lunch with rolls and fresh fruit. It will be easy on the cottage hosts since it can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight.
Cooking Time: Not Available
Chilling Time: Several hours or overnight
Servings: 4 as main-course salad or 6 as side salads.
- 4 cobs Ontario Sweet Corn, cooked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 medium Ontario Field Tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- Fresh coriander leaves
With sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cobs to make 2 cups (500 mL). Combine with green onions and coriander.
Stir together chicken, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Seed tomatoes; dice and reserve 1 separately.
In 8 cup (2 L) glass bowl, layer lettuce, chicken, corn mixture, peas, 3 diced tomatoes and celery.
In blender or food processor, purée reserved seeded tomato, yogurt and mayonnaise. Pour over salad;
cover and refrigerate for several hr. or overnight. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.