Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 1.5 grams
- Fat: 0.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 grams
- Calories: 32
Pickled Cauliflower Salad
The picnic lunch you take to your local fall fair needs variety to please all appetites. This version of a cauliflower pickle will do the trick.
Cooking Time: 2 to 3 Hours
- 4 cups (1 L)
- small Ontario Cauliflower florets
- Half each Ontario Sweet Green and Red Pepper, diced
- 2 Ontario Green Onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each chili powder and dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Ontario Leaf lettuce
In saucepan, steam cauliflower over boiling water 2 minutes; drain and cool. Place cauliflower, green and red pepper and onions in plastic bag.
Whisk together vinegar, water, sugar, chili powder, tarragon, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss well. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or up to 1 day for flavour development. Drain and serve on leaf lettuce.