Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 4.0 grams
- Fat: 0.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9.0 grams
- Calories: 50
- Source of fibre
Fresh Greenhouse Veggie & Asparagus Salad
Fresh Ontario Greenhouse Veggies and grilled Ontario Asparagus are highlighted with a light and refreshing dressing. Toss all the ingredients together in a salad bowl or arrange them on a platter.
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain Ontario Yogurt (3% M.F.)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped Ontario Cooking Onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each granulated sugar and dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) each torn Ontario Greenhouse Leaf and Boston Lettuce
- 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Asparagus, grilled or broiled*
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Button Mushrooms
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Tomato, cored and cut into wedges
- Half each Ontario Greenhouse Red and Orange Sweet Peppers, slivered
Dressing: In small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, chili sauce, onion, sugar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Salad: In large salad bowl, combine leaf and Boston lettuce. Slice asparagus into bite-size pieces and add to bowl. Add mushrooms, tomato and sweet peppers. Toss with Dressing to coat.
Ontario Asparagus: Snap off asparagus ends. Toss stalks with 1/2 tsp (1 mL) olive oil; season with pepper. Grill on greased grill over medium to medium-high heat until bright green and tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Or, broil on baking sheet until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.