Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 23.0 grams
- Fat: 29.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11.0 grams
Asparagus and Rainbow Trout with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
This light, refreshing salad looks especially pretty on red-leaf lettuce. Serve for lunch or dinner with crusty whole-grain buns and herbed cream cheese.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 lb (375 g) Ontario Rainbow Trout fillets
- 24 spears Ontario Asparagus, trimed (about 1 ob/500g)
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced red onion
- 4 cups (1 L) torn lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted chopped walnuts*
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
In skillet, cover trout fillets with water; simmer for about 7 min. or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Drain and let cool. Break up into large pieces, discarding bones and skin.
Wipe out skillet. Bring more water to boil and cook asparagus for 3 to 5 min. or until tender-crisp; drain. Chill under cold running water to stop cooking; drain and pat dry. Cut each spear diagonally into 3 or 4 pieces.
Vinaigrette: In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, dill, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic; gradually whisk in oil. Add cooked fish and asparagus, mushrooms and onion; toss gently to mix well.
For more Ontario Rainbow Trout recipes, please visit: www.ontarioaquaculture.com