Nutrients per serving
- 23 g protein
- 3 g fat
- 34 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 173 calories
Grilled Chicken Salad
Mix and match summer lettuces, or simply pick up some pre-mixed greens from the produce counter.
Cooking Time: N/A
Grilling Time: 12 to 15 minutes
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 L) Ontario Salad Greens
- 3 Ontario Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Ontario Peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 Ontario Pear, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Cilantro
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) low-fat Italian salad dressing
In a shallow glass dish, arrange chicken in a single layer. In small bowl, stir together oil, lime juice and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Discard marinade. Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice into strips.
In a large salad bowl, toss together salad greens, green onions, peach and pear slices, cilantro and chicken strips. Drizzle with salad dressing to moisten and toss again.