Photo Courtesy of Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers
- Greenhouse cucumbers in Ontario are not grown in dirt (soil). The most commonly used material is called Rockwool. It has this super cool ability to hold water. Field cucumbers on the other hand are grown in soil and are available in Ontario between June and October!
- Sliced cucumbers may be soothing to lay over your tired eyelids but you gotta eat them to get the vitamin C they provide.
What do cucumbers and tomatoes have in common?
- a) They both give us vitamin C.
- b) They are both grown in Ontario.
- c) They’re both great in burgers, sandwiches and salads.
- d) All of the above.
When you’re out and about playing with your friends, you need refreshing drinks. Try this: Flavour your water with a slice of Ontario cucumber.