Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 29.0 grams
- Fat: 16.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 32.0 grams
- Calories: 388
Grilled Thai Chicken with Chunky Peach Pepper Sauce
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are often an economical choice, have more flavour and are less prone to drying out as chicken breasts do. The seasoning for the chicken has just a hint of curry and is nicely complemented by the colourful sweet-hot peach sauce. Serve with jasmine or basmati rice.
Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each Thai fish sauce or soy sauce and vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, hard outer leaves and green top removed, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each curry powder, ground cumin and salt
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs (8 to 12 thighs)
- 1 Ontario Onion
- 1 to 2 small Ontario Hot Peppers (such as hot red cherry peppers) seeded and diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 3 ripe Ontario Peaches or Nectarines, peeled and diced
- 1 ripe Ontario Tomato, halved, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
Peach Pepper Sauce:
In small bowl, combine fish or soy sauce, oil, ginger, garlic, lemon grass (if using), curry powder, cumin and salt. Place chicken in sealable plastic bag; pour in seasoning mixture and seal bag. Massage mixture into chicken to evenly coat and marinate in refrigerator a few hours.
Peach Pepper Sauce:
Just before cooking chicken, combine onion, hot peppers and oil in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at High for 2 minutes to soften. Alternatively, cook in small skillet until softened. Stir in vinegar and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add peaches, tomato and cilantro. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
Preheat barbecue/grill. Reduce heat to medium or medium-low. Cook chicken until tender and juices run clear when meat is pierced, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with sauce.