Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 5.0 grams
- Fat: 3.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 23.0 grams
- Calories: 142
Classic clafouti (kla-foo-tee) is a French country pudding usually made with cherries but it can also be made with about 3 cups (750 mL) sliced peeled peaches, pears, plums (unpeeled) or apples.
Cooking Time: Not available
Baking Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) frozen pitted Ontario Sour Cherries, thawed and well drained
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of vanilla and almond extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- A Pinch of salt
Butter 10-inch (25 cm) fluted flan pan or 9-inch (23 cm) square cake pan; sprinkle with sugar. Arrange cherries over sugar.
In large bowl and using electric mixer, beat eggs with sugar at high speed for about 2 minutes or until frothy. Beat in milk, vanilla and almond extract. Beat in flour and salt until well combined. Pour over cherries. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until custard is set in centre and lightly browned. Serve warm.